IBRAHIM ZETHY HE IS A RWANDAN
PROFESSIONAL DANCER BASED IN KIGALI, RWANDA.
READ MORE HERE:
Twenty-three year old, Ibrahim Binego’s passion for dancing literally changes his life. Living in Nyamirambo, Kigali born unto Rwanda, Ibrah’s passion and drive for business was always constant. “The way dance makes me feel – I can’t find anywhere else. Although dance is very visual for the audience, the dancer experiences it in a completely different way. It is our goal to share what we feel with the audience”.
Ibrah says, his passion for dancing started out around 2009 when he moved to Burundi for a couple of years “When I was young I was addicted to football ” he didn’t quite know how to dance but loved the challenge of his new found obsession.
One of the things Ibrah would like to do is to open his own studio and start sharing he’s gift to people. He says that he notices one little issue when teaching others, there is no representation of young Rwandan dancers. “I’d like to do my part to fix that as a respected dancer.” Feeling burnout as an artist is common, but Ibrah tackles it in a really necessary way. “I love travelling because sometimes I meet people with the same energy and vision as me.”
Ibrah admits that time management isn’t his strong suit, but regardless he remains dead-set on completing his tasks for the day. “From morning to night, I’m watching dancing videos, learning about running a successful dancing studio, teaching or dancing. That’s about 90 percent of my day. The other 10 percent I’m relaxing by watching movies, working out, or talking to friends. It’s pretty haphazard.”
Many professional dancers have inspired me to dance, especially Congolese dancers like koffie olomide. Ever since I was little, I knew dance was my passion and because of that, it has always been my goal to become a professional dancer.
Performing on stage is like having a conversation with the audience. They can see even the smallest emotion and intent portrayed in my movement. There’s no intermediary “right word” to be found – my thoughts and feelings directly inspire movement, and there’s no wrong “definition” when it comes to movement. Even walking around the stage a certain way alerts them to the fact that I’m sad, or elated – whatever! And when there is no audience to watch on, that is the time that I get to check in with myself and let my body do the real talkin’. Because sometimes you don’t realize you feel something until it unexpectedly comes out.
Keep up with him here:
Facebook: Ibrahim Zethy
Twitter: Ibrahim Zethy
Instagram: Ibrahim Zethy
YouTube: Ibrahim Zethy
Shema Abdoul is a creative currently residing in Kigali, he loves exploring new culture. He is motto is to always be true to yourself and others around you.